Tourists and travellers take full advantage of the power of social media and the internet to research their destination options. Are Canary Islands marketers doing enough to inform and inspire them online?
Here's some power stats that the Canary islands cannot afford to ignore:
- 52% of people use the internet for summer holiday inspiration
- 45% source their initial trip idea online
- 87% of people use the internet for the bulk of their travel planning
- 38% of tourists say recommendations from friends are the top factor for destination choice
- 10% switched resorts because of social media
- 7% switched destination country because of social media
The Power of Sharing
- 76% post holiday photos
- 52% like a page related to their holiday destination
- 59% post a status update about their holiday
- 40% post hotel and attraction reviews
- 26% of travellers would create and share content in exchange for a loyalty reward
It's All About Being Visual: Photos Are Key
- Facebook posts with a photo receive 52% more likes and 104% more comments
- Photo and link posts receive 84% more link clicks than text and link posts.
- Photo posts generate 120% more engagement
- Each new Facebook fan means 20 new visits to your website
For the original sources of these stats, and loads more fantastic resources, visit our Social Media and Tourism in the Canary Islands Pinterest Board
Canary Content provides the quality visual content that you need to engage your target market and make sure your customers come back year after year. !Fidelización en acción!